Central London / hybrid working options
Salary dependent on experience
At Elliott Wood we are seeking a solution orientated and enthusiastic Transport Planner / Engineer to join our Transport Planning team. We are looking to grow our team with individuals with a strong technical background and who share our drive and enthusiasm to engineer a better society.
Elliott Wood is an award-winning engineering company focused on the built environment, including structural engineering, civil engineering, transport planning, highways engineering, sustainability and BIM. Our Transport Planning team works with clients, architects, planners and other property professionals across all sectors throughout the development life cycle, providing services from site feasibility through to completion.
We provide strategic advice to clients as well as preparing Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Construction Logistics Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans, Car Park Management Plans and prepare Environmental Impact Assessments to support planning applications.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a desire for innovation and making their mark in a new team. The candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven background in development related transport analysis and assessment, with wider experience in project management and business development. The candidate will be enthusiastic about working on a range of projects which support development at various stages.
Provide support to the Transport lead on technical, managerial and financial matters.
- Take a role in the delivery of technical reports to support design development and planning application submissions.
- Preparing fee proposals for new projects and working with the Transport Lead to ensure projects are delivered to budget and programme.
- Being a point of contact for clients, architects, planners and other professionals throughout the project; and
- Representing the client and Elliott Wood at meetings and in negotiation with Local Authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Business development and client management.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in all aspects of traffic and transport planning.
- Experience in managing projects and the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans, Delivery and Servicing Plans and Construction Logistic Plans.
- A genuine passion for Transport Planning and a desire to work on a variety of projects from bespoke one-off new builds and heritage refurbishments to master-planning and urban regeneration projects.
- The ability to pro-actively work with peers within a growing multi-disciplinary environment.
- A proven record of dealing with clients, local authorities and other regulatory bodies.
- Experience of developing fee proposals and the effective delivery of project work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to communicate and present confidently including in public forums.
- Good presentation and technical writing skills, with a sound working knowledge of MS Office products (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of the role of Healthy Streets in site development and appraisal.
- Experience of industry standard junction capacity assessment applications such as Junctions and LINSIG, preferably including experience of larger network modelling.
- Ability to work effectively in an unsupervised environment as well as to provide the lead and direction within a project team.
- A sound commercial awareness and demonstrate effective financial management.
- Experience of business development and managing client expectations.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- A degree in an analytical subject such as engineering, town planning, geography, mathematics, economics or similar.
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (TPS CIHT, CILT, IHE, ICE).
- Experience working across the UK would be ideal.
Your benefits will include:
If you join Elliott Wood, you will receive a competitive salary and could explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. We also provide a monthly contribution towards a gym membership to support your health and wellbeing. As an employee owned company, you will also be eligible for a discretionary annual company bonus, which is based on personal and company performance.
What we offer:
When you join Elliott Wood, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by our leadership team. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only engineering a better society but exploring what is possible. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we will help you reach yours.
This is a direct recruitment campaign and does not require any agency support.