Associate / Senior Sustainability Consultant
Central London OR Wimbledon (with remote working)
Full time and Part time considered
Beyond delivering excellent sustainable engineering capability to each project, Elliott Wood has a sustainability consultancy team which delivers industry leading actionable sustainability advice to clients, both on individual projects and at a strategic portfolio level.
To support our growth plans, which aim to build on our success over the past two and a half years, we are looking for a Senior/Associate Sustainability Consultant with strong technical sustainability experience within the London market to join the team.
We are planning for significant growth of the team over the next five years and wish to strengthen the technical sustainability capabilities of the team at a mid-senior level to help facilitate this growth.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work closely with our inspiring Head of Sustainability and collaborate to bring about change in the industry as we strive for a regenerative future. It will suit you if you have relevant Sustainability experience, would like to diversify, and are keen to take a proactive role in managing and coaching others.
- Provide industry leading technical sustainability guidance to clients.
- Share your experience and technical knowledge to broaden and deepen the team’s sustainability offering.
- Plan, manage and deliver projects to a high standard including but not limited to - fees, workload allocation and project checking.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to other Elliott Wood sustainability team members.
- Contribute towards the project pipeline, primarily by delivering your projects to a high standard and building good relationships with clients and design teams.
Your experience to date will mean you will:
- Have at least 8 years’ experience of sustainability either in a consultancy or in-house role, within the built environment / construction industry.
- Be experienced in delivering whole lifecycle embodied carbon analysis to GLA standards using OneClick LCA software.
- Have some experience of at least one of the following: circular economy statements, pre-redevelopment audits, waste management, certification schemes including BREEAM and WELL, corporate sustainability strategy.
- Have a hands-on proactive attitude, willing to help others.
- Have some experience of, or a strong desire to gain experience in, managing and coaching others (e.g. 1-2 graduates or junior consultants).
- Be educated to degree level in a sustainability or built environment related subject e.g. environmental studies, engineering, architecture etc.
Not only will you be joining an inspirational team that wants to make a difference, but you will also be joining a purpose led business who strive towards engineer a better society by putting their people and planet first.
Why Elliott Wood
Elliott Wood people are no ordinary engineers. We are activists for a new kind of engineering profession, where technical and creative thinking work together, and in which our craft is re-evaluated by both clients and collaborators.
Like us, our clients and collaborators are more environmentally and socially conscious than ever before. Over the past 25+ years, we’ve engineered globally-recognised landmarks across the UK and often partnered with industry icons. Anyone who joins us will get to work with an incredible, like-minded, hugely collaborative team on high-profile landmarks and projects. This innovation is also reflected in how we build and nurture our talented employee community, our inclusive and diverse culture is what makes us special.
If, like us, you are interested in engineering a better society – and a better way of working – we would love to hear directly from you.
- A nurturing, collaborative, creative environment, where hybrid working is also offered
- Active encouragement and support to pursue further job related education or skills training
- An extensive range of benefits from health insurance to gym cover, bonus, etc.
You may also work as: Sustainability Officer, Carbon Consultant, Sustainability Analyst, Carbon Analyst, Materials Analyst, Circular Economist, Climate Change Consultant, M&E Consultant, Energy Consultant, Energy Analyst, ESG Consultant, ESG Analyst, Wellbeing Consultant, Building Physicist, but you MUST have the experience mentioned above to apply for this role.
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.